An IT partner who delivers as well on land as at sea
From New Zealand and to Nigeria. From Singapore to Brazil. With a total of 30 different locations, BW Offshore trusts an IT partner who delivers just as well on land as it does at sea.
- We have 2000 employees from 30 different nationalities, almost all the world's oceans, continents and time zones. This places great demands on stable and good IT solutions that ensure effective communication and interaction regardless of where in the world our users are located, says Senior Vice President Corporate IT and Systems in BW Offshore, Fritz Ekløff.
BW Offshore is the world's second largest player in the international FPSO market (floating production storage and offloading of oil and gas). They have been
FLEXIBITY AND SCALABILITY
BW Offshore is a company with great ambitions that operates in a dynamic and international market. They, therefore depend on scalable and flexible IT solutions that give users access wherever they are:
- We wanted an IT partner who could offer flexible and scalable IT solutions that can be adapted to our needs at all times and which could give our users IT access regardless of time and place. We've got that through
Several of the areas BW Offshore operate in, have a sparse infrastructure. At the same time, the company is active in countries where the authorities may periodically shut down the internet.
- Therefore, we are completely dependent on good, stable and reliable solutions. Daily, more than 25,000 e-mails are sent within the
MORE TIME TO DO WHAT THEY DO BEST
BW Offshore has been keen to stay ahead.
- We are probably a demanding customer who has pushed
He has no doubt about the main reasons why they chose to outsource their IT operations:
-If we had been incredibly good at servers, IT and infrastructure we would have worked on that - and not oil. This is why we use our resources for value creation and growth within our own core
ADAPTION IN TOUGH TIMES
With low oil prices, cost cuts and great uncertainty, it has been relatively tough in the oil and gas sector recently.
- It is particularly important to have an IT solution where the costs are adjusted by scaling up or down. It is both flexible and predictable, says BW Offshore's Key Account Manager, Egil Brekke.
The company is among the world's leading suppliers of IT for oil, gas
- We have unique industry expertise, in addition to technicians with offshore certifications. We know what works and tailor solutions to our customers,” explains Brekke.
"-If we had been incredibly good at servers, IT and infrastructure we would have worked on that - and not oil. This is why we use our resources for value creation and growth within our own core business, and allow the specialists in Visolit to provide the IT solutions." - Senior Vice President Corporate IT and Systems in BW Offshore, Fritz Ekløff.
Contact us for a non-committal talk.
Together we will review your needs and further develop your systems to meet tomorrow's needs.