Keeps the train on track
– If our communication stops, the entire train traffic stops. The Swedish railway giant Infranord has chosen to outsource the IT operations so that everyday operations can go on track.
– The train traffic depends on our digital communication being trusted. If it doesn't work, we simply can't do our job, explains Ali Eskandari, IT Manager for Swedish
NEEDED EXPERT HELP FOR IT OPERATION
– It goes without saying that we are dependent on having an IT system that ensures optimal information flow. In Sweden alone, we have departments in 98 different locations. We depend on managers being able to communicate with their team, that the customers are able to get in touch with us - and that the Swedish Transport Administration keeps us updated on what is happening on the railway lines. A few years ago we realized that it was wise to hand over the IT job to those who were experts in the area, so that we could concentrate on what we are best at - working with rail, Eskandari explains.
In 2013, Infranord chose to outsource the entire IT operations to
– The task was formidable. Within six months, an entire IT environment was to be outsourced and implemented with us. Hundreds of servers - both physical and virtual - were to be moved at the same time as dozens of mission-critical applications had to work continuously. Fortunately, we have good and proven systems. The task, which was to be resolved in six months, was completed in four, says Lännerberg with a smile. He recently experienced Infranord extending its IT agreement by three new years.
SAVES A LOT OF MONEY AS A RESULT OF USING A FLEXIBLE PRICE MODELL
– When we were to outsource our IT service, we had several relevant suppliers. The choice fell on
A POSSIBILITY – NOT A THREAT
Through its collaboration with
- As an IT man, I think the collaboration with
Train traffic in Sweden and Norway is entirely dependent on the company's IT systems not tracking off.
"As an IT man, I think collaboration with Visolit is most rewarding when we jointly develop new solutions and run large joint projects. It is wonderful with a partner who sees new technology as an opportunity - not a threat." - Ali Eskandari, IT Manager for Swedish Infranord
Contact us for a non-committal talk
Together we will review your needs and further develop your systems to meet tomorrow's needs.