Extra power with a strong IT partner
Markedskraft is a knowledge specialist delivering services to stakeholders in the power market. They have chosen to outsource their own IT system to experts in Visolit.
– Just as you take for granted that there is power in your outlet, we expect our computer systems to work, says Kjetil Korneliussen, Head of Back Office & IT at Markedskraft.
The company, which started in 1992, is headquartered in Arendal but is multinational with offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Aarhus
CLOUD SOLUTIONS FROM MICROSOFT AND 24/7-SUPPORT
– We define ourselves as a knowledge specialist in the European power market. Our core competencies are deep insight and understanding of the power industry. Our mission is to create customer value by understanding the basic drivers in the power market and thus giving our customers a unique basis for critical decision making, says Korneliussen. He elaborates (movie from when
– Markedskraft specializes in obtaining data on all possible variables that can affect the electricity price. It can be weather, wind, coal prices, oil production and much more. We are an independent player in the wholesale market and offer portfolio services to manufacturers and consumers. Simply explained, we assist the manufacturers in delivering the power that is made to the highest possible price, while also helping consumers to obtain power wherever it exists and at the lowest possible price.
We carry out trading on the Nord Pool, Nasdaq
– It includes cloud and hybrid solutions from Microsoft and 24/7 support. The latter is particularly important for Markedskraft as they take financial positions on behalf of their customers and have absolute requirements for uptime, explains Kristian Paulsrud in
– Markedskraft had previously all IT operations internally but abandoned this in 2008. It has been the
"Just as you take care of the power in your outlet, we expect our computer systems to work." - Kjetil Korneliussen, Head of Back Office & IT at Markedskraft.
Contact us for a non-committal
talk e prat
Together we will review your needs and further develop your systems to meet tomorrow's needs.